Thursday, February 14, 2008

Firewood

Well, the MN winter is long and cold and i'm about 12 hours away from running out of wood to heat my house with. Fortunately, we can still heat with are propane furnace but that cost money and wood only costs me some time, some good old heart and lung exercise and of course a little money for fuel for the chain saw.
Did you know that heating with wood is very environmentally friendly. If a tree dies and then rots it releases the same amount of CO2 as if it is burned. Of course it releases it a little faster when burned but not near as fast as if you are burning coal, or other fossil fuels.
I think i have a place i can get some wood tomorrow but i'm not sure how much time i will have. Nor am i sure how much wood is there to get and how long it will heat my house for.
Oh well, best i get back to my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment