Saturday, January 13, 2007

Four Kids and a Bachelor

(that's what it seems like anyway)

Karna is gone this weekend and I'm home with all four of our wonderful children by myself. Crazy huh? Yes, but I'm enjoying it so far, anyway. The kids and I played together at the YMCA yesterday for a spell and then played 'eye spy' at home for a little over an hour. It was very fun and a challenge for the kids to learn to ask the right questions at the right time and respond accordingling. Even Enoch played a couple of times and spied the prize. Over all it was fun.

I think the hardest part was for JT. He's such a 'momma's' boy that it was kinda hard for him to sleep with out her there to say good night. However, he eventually slept.

Also, both Enoch and Caspian woke up in the middle of the night and started wandering downstairs. Luckily, I hadn't quite gone to bed yet and caught them both. Then I put up the gate by the stairs so there would be now 'outside' wandering.

Caspian, sometimes likes to open the outside door and a couple of times this last summer ended up outside by himself a bit before we realized what had happened. I think he's cured now however, but the thought of it happening it the middle of the night in the dead of winter... well, lets just say I wasn't worried and slept good because of that gate.

Of course the two biggest problems of this weekend will occur Sunday. The first will happen when I'm watching the bears game and Karna calls, asking for a ride home. I have now idea how she's gonna get here! :) The second is when she finally does arrive home and sees the clothes I picked out for the kids. This will be a problem not just because I picked them out, but also because they wore them in public to church! No matter how hard I try to find clothes that will look good and match, I'm sure she's going to be disappointed.

Oh well, I have worse problems in my life than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment