Thursday, November 13, 2008

BILD

Our church has recently started getting involved in a discipleship series published by BILD (Biblical Institute of Leadership Development). One of the neatest things about BILD is that is local churched based. The stuff is produced by a local church for use by local churches. Often times while attending Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, I asked myself why I had to go to college to learn this stuff. Why wasn't it taught in a local church? Of course, along with most problem that I observe, I'm fairly content and don't offer much in the way of solutions. Now, I have seen the that my questions, all though probably never voiced were great questions and deserved an answer. So here is what I believe to be the answer. It wasn't taught in the local church because most of us in the local church thought it couldn't be or shouldn't be taught in the local church and that true training for ministry must happen at a Bible college or other school of higher learning. The reason it wasn't is that it long hadn't.
God left his church here to accomplish great things and most of those great things should be accomplished through the local church. I'm hoping to start leading some BILD material with our next generation leaders at the Kerkhoven Evangelical Free Church. And I'm excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment