Friday, March 28, 2008

Busy

I've been planning on blogging for quite some time now about several different things and finally have the time and can't remember what i was going to say :S

i guess i'm getting old. I will share some exciting news. The Driscolls are now debt free. I paid off the house Monday! :) Now where going to use all that extra money to fix the house we own.

I am also excited about starting to get back into shape. I went running for the first time in 7 or 8 months yesterday. I believe that to be the longest 'no run' spell of my life. I ran two miles in 14:31. i'm happy with it, but i'm sore today. i over stretched and strained a back muscle. another hint at the old thing.

Also, i should be receiving my new (to me) road bike in the next hour or so. hope to get into shape on that thing as well.

This has been an unusual 2 weeks for me. i met with my dad about two weeks ago and we talked and he gave me this simple little prayer that i believe God has been answering positively in my life. That is, "Jesus, help me to live out the fruit of the Spirit who lives in me with the fruit of 'self'-control. needless to say, its been a much better two weeks as far as my self discipline has gone. i've been reading some history, theology, and/or missiology almost everyday and my prayer time has been more intimate and growing as well.

So that's my life lately. Had a great Good Friday/Easter weekend with my church family and my extended (in-laws) family. Driving track bus often and planning for an olympic themed Camp of the Master this year.

i hope i can blog more later
Micah

No comments:

Post a Comment